Friday 4 March 2011

primary research - winter gardens.

I recently went to the Winter Gardens and took some photographs of the plants there, as they show great repetition (in a good way), but also as theyre one of the purest types of natural form!


I can see a lot of repetition in the above plants, be it form, colour or shape..




Some of the flowers and plants in the Winter Gardens are lovely, and whilst there, I also saw a small fashion exhibition based on the stages that take place for the human lungs to develop and function; so I took some photos of some of the dresses that were in the exhibition, which I thought showed repetition or natural themes quite well.

This dress is showing how the lungs have taken their shape within the human body, and to show this, the dress has a pair of wings, which features a green set of lungs. The wings look like that of a butterfly, which is fitting, as they are one of the creatures I'd like to look and feature at in my project somehow.

This dress represents the formation of the spine, and the vertebrae in the spine definitely have a repeating pattern of sorts, and they all fit together in a certain and specific way.

Lots of natural inspiration there!

laine.x


No comments:

Post a Comment