Friday 11 March 2011

photography for my poster

Much like the photographs of my 3D paper sculpture, I had to consider many factors when taking them, in order to ensure that I get the best possible photographs for my poster. Factors such as the aperture, shutter speed, ISO, composition (rule of thirds, leading lines etc) and lighting.

Like last time, the first photo I took was far too dark:


So I simply decreased the shutter speed, like last time, to let more light into the camera..
and again..


That's better! But I wasnt entirely happy with how I'd set up the '100', as there are cut outs, it would give more impact in a photo if they were casting a shadow; something which wasnt possible whilst they were lying down...

So I stood them up! (no, I didnt leave them waiting in a cafe lol :P)


The light issue again..

I really like this photograph, however it was taken in landscape, when of course our poster has to be portrait..

I think more shadow and more brightness can be achieved..

This photo is great, but I think the 100 is too close to the centre of the shot; I'd crop it, but I dont want to lose the dimensions..

I thought I'd try this angle out, but I'm not as happy with it as I thought I'd be. Although it is a good photo, I dont think it's perfect..

THIS! is my photo!! The lighting is really good, and the shadows created are cool; the 100 is quite far up the page too which I wanted. The only thing is that there is a glimpse of wall on the right hand side, but I think that is easy to overlook :)


laine.x

No comments:

Post a Comment