Tuesday 1 March 2011

primary research - tudor square.

On my way into town after University today, I walked past Tudor Square, where the Lyceum Theatre is; and I noticed some of the benches and flowerbeds look like sculptures themsleves, so I took a few pics:


  
Quite a lot of organic shapes are being used here, because of the curved lines & the circle on the right hand side of the flowerbed, I can see a sort of fish in the stone. However from a different angle, I'm sure it looks completely different..


I think this stone is interesting, the cut out section leads you to believe that the inside of the stone is in fact made of gold, even though the stone looks like an ordinary one (with only traces of gold running through the surface, hinting at the inside's contents).. perhaps you shouldnt judge a book by its cover! I like the shape of the cut out, and I think this could be achieved by scoring and folding paper..

I love the lines in this piece of stone, it could easily be replicated in paper using scoring and folding :)


The below piece of stone has cleverly been made to look like wood, which is encompassing with the wooden bench that has been set into it..


Good times! :)

laine.x

No comments:

Post a Comment