Thursday 10 March 2011

existing exhibition posters

As I am going to be creating a poster of my own, I thought I'd do some research into what else is out there by the way of posters. I've already looked at David Carson, but now I think I'll look into actual posters for actual exhibitions.

Starting with one from the Design Museum itself:

I love the simplicity of the poster, it shows only the main image, without any other distraction, on a plain white background, simply stating the name of the museum on the bottom right, and the exhibition name/dates on the left.

The photography in this poster is top notch, there's a great use of leading lines, really making you look from one side of the poster to the next.. you first see the name of the exhibition, then the date, and finally the location. It's really clever.

This poster has a lot of information to display (there is a reasonable paragraph to the bottom left - probably a description of the exhibition), however the image has been kept as the main feature of the poster successfully, due to the use of appropriate font sizes etc.


A lot to think about but I'm now looking forward to designing my poster!

laine.x

No comments:

Post a Comment