Wednesday 9 March 2011

photographing my sculpture



In order to make my sculpture look the best it possibly can, I will try and capture photographs of it to the best of my ability, taking elements such as composure (how well placed it is in the shot, i.e. rule of thirds etc), aperture, shutter speed, ISO and white balance into account.

Here is the first picture I took of my sculpture:

As you can see, it's really very dark, which although kind of looks cool, it means not enough light is getting to the lens in the camera; meaning I needed to change either the aperture or the shutter speed (usually the shutter speed)..

Now, this photograph is slightly too bright I think, so I have decreased the shutter speed a bit too much maybe, a quick change and..


Yep! Great lighting, finally. So once I had the hang of controlling the lighting, I took several more photographs from several different angles...


motion blur! :P




nice and macro-y ;)
my favourite shot :)
After I'd taken the photos with regular studio lights, I took a few photos putting a blue light inside the sculpture, and here is the best shot:

it looks magical! :)
<3

laine.x

No comments:

Post a Comment