Sunday 27 February 2011

second paper workshop.

In the second paper workshop we used slightly bigger sized pieces of paper, half of an a2 sheet I believe.

We cut a2 sheets into two, vertically, so that we had two long and thin pieces of paper to work with; we then proceeded to draw a 1cm border around the long pieces of paper we had..

After we had done this, we cut 1cm long slats into the space within the border; and then we could play!

I found it a bit overwhelming at first as I didnt know where to start, but in the end I managed to make a few models. Unfortunately the photographs aren't amazing because I didnt have a functioning camera at the time and only had the camera on my BlackBerry at the time; I'd planned to take some better photos at a later date but due to horrifyingly strong winds on the way home, my models are pretty much ruined! :(


Above is the first sculpture I made in the session, it's quite an organic sculpture, flowing nicely and is aesthetically pleasing.

I used glue to fix one of the edges to another to create the sculpture's shape.


The other sculpture I made using this format of paper is very different to the organic looking one above, it's more geometric...


I started off by making a fold in the length of the template, then I either pushed or pulled every other slat in or out to give the texture of a sort of tube; then I was playing around with shapes and found I could make a sort of heart shape. However, it doesnt look like a heart shape from every angle, I like this about the sculpture!



I experimented slightly more with folding too, but I havent had the chance to photograph the examples I made yet, so they'll be up soon!

laine. x

No comments:

Post a Comment